Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weimar and Amazing Facts Join Forces

Amazing Facts and Weimar College have made buzz online recently with the announcement that they will join together. Weimar, in Northern California, closed its doors after dealing with financial inviability. Amazing Facts stepped in and gave Weimar a Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac-like bailout. Pastor Doug Batchelor, head honcho at Amazing Facts, recently announced that Dr. Neil Nedley, a relatively well-known Adventist doctor would assume the role of president of the newly reincarnate Weimar College.

Commenting on Nedley's acceptance of the Weimar presidency, Batchelor said, "I can’t imagine a more thrilling development for the future of Weimar! His addition to this new partnership between Amazing Facts and Weimar is a match made in heaven."


5 comments:

David Hamstra said...

Nedley's Depression Recovery program was a great outreach for my church, and it really helped out some of my members, too. However, his face is just asking for a caricature. This, combined with the preceding cartoon nearly had me rolling on the floor.

Veggieburger Network said...

Nedley is also famous for his acclaimed book on natural remedies for big health problems, the name of which escapes me right now.

Veggieburger Network said...

Proof Positive. That's the name of the book.

David Hamstra said...

I can't speak to Proof Positive, but I will vouch for Depression: The Way Out. I've seen the content of that book, when applied, change people's moods for the better.

Veggieburger Network said...

I found out yesterday from an LLU classmate of Nedley that he doesn't look like this any longer. He has much less hair now, I am told. Darn the Internet that only provides well-coiffed promotional photos!